I thought it might be useful for you to see how I cook intuitively tonight. I got home at around 6:15pm, and thank the Lord, I had asked my hubbie(who was home) to let a steak come to room temperature. My feet hurt a bit, and I was already tired before I began! I planned for a simple quick meal in my head as I set the table, and off I went!
Here you can see onions. I split an unpeeled onion in two (left center), then peal it, leaving the root end on. (front left) . Then, I use my knife to cut the onion horizontally, then vertically (but not entirely through). Then, I chop it by cutting downwards. The result is on the right at the front. i chopped the onions into smaller pieces tonight. Usually with steak, I slice an onion into circles, but I wanted to get off my feet, and chopped onion cook more quickly.
Then, I used my micro plane to grind some lemon peal on my steak. A micropeal is expensive, and it was many years of cooking before i got one. It is efficient, long lasting, and easy to clean.

I began by starting to cook my onions on a low heat. Then, i started to cook the potatoes.i cooked these separately, because I wanted to use olive oil on the onions, and veggie oil on the spuds.
When the onions started to brown, i slowed down the cooking by adding a bit more oil. Then, with the spuds starting to turn brown, I turned up the heat and slapped on the steak. I transferred the potatoes to the pan with the onions and turned them down to low.
Here is a look at the steak cooking.
You can see how it progresses in the second picture. The bottom edge of the steak is turning brown. The blood is puddling up onto the surface. Time to turn it
Only five more minutes on the second side, and dinner is ready. By the time i scooped out the veggies and poured the drinks, the steak had rested..
I am writing this at 7:37. I began at 6:30, and cooked, ate, and my hubbie did the dishes already..AND it was wonderful!
Here you can see onions. I split an unpeeled onion in two (left center), then peal it, leaving the root end on. (front left) . Then, I use my knife to cut the onion horizontally, then vertically (but not entirely through). Then, I chop it by cutting downwards. The result is on the right at the front. i chopped the onions into smaller pieces tonight. Usually with steak, I slice an onion into circles, but I wanted to get off my feet, and chopped onion cook more quickly.
Then, I used my micro plane to grind some lemon peal on my steak. A micropeal is expensive, and it was many years of cooking before i got one. It is efficient, long lasting, and easy to clean.

I began by starting to cook my onions on a low heat. Then, i started to cook the potatoes.i cooked these separately, because I wanted to use olive oil on the onions, and veggie oil on the spuds.
When the onions started to brown, i slowed down the cooking by adding a bit more oil. Then, with the spuds starting to turn brown, I turned up the heat and slapped on the steak. I transferred the potatoes to the pan with the onions and turned them down to low.
Here is a look at the steak cooking.
You can see how it progresses in the second picture. The bottom edge of the steak is turning brown. The blood is puddling up onto the surface. Time to turn it
Only five more minutes on the second side, and dinner is ready. By the time i scooped out the veggies and poured the drinks, the steak had rested..
I am writing this at 7:37. I began at 6:30, and cooked, ate, and my hubbie did the dishes already..AND it was wonderful!
Comments
Post a Comment